Image by Sebastià Giralt via Flickr
Quotes from Socrates:
1. Life has three aspects: Paradox, Humor, and Change.
2. Paradox: Life is a mystery; don't waste time figuring it out.
3. Humor: Keep a sense of humor, especially about yourself. It is a strength
beyond all measure
4. Change: Know that nothing stays the same.
5. There is never “nothing” going on. There are no ordinary moments.
6. This moment: The past and the future do not matter; all that matters is now,
7. It's not the destination that brings happiness, but the journey.
8. Take out the trash from what's inside your head.
9. Empty your mind.
10. Everything has a purpose, even this, and it's up to you to find it.
11. A warrior does not give up what he loves, he finds the love
in what he does.
12. I call myself a Peaceful Warrior... because the battles we fight are
on the inside.
13. A warrior is not about perfection or victory or invulnerability.
He's about absolute vulnerability.
14. There is no starting or stopping - only doing.
15. There's no greater purpose than service to others.
16. Everyone wants to tell you what to do and what's good for you.
They don't want you to find your own answers; they want you to believe theirs.
17. I want you to stop gathering information from the outside and
start gathering it from the inside.
18. People are not their thoughts, they think they are,
and it brings them all kinds of sadness.
19. Death isn't sad. The sad thing is: most people don't live at all.
20. What time is it? Now.