What you believe is what you create

Think ahead 5 years. You've given yourself permission to be all you can and want to be.
You believed in yourself. You've taken all of the neccesary action steps to achieve it. Your wildest dreams have come true.
Now really feel it!
Pretend like you did when you were a child, every child has a great imagination.
Get emotional! touch it, smell it see it. expect it!
How do you feel about yourself? Pretty darn good I Imagine.

Now, Let's go the same 5 years ahead but this time you did not give yourself permission to be all you could be. You did not believe in yourself. You never took action on those little nudges from the universe.
How does this feel?

Which path will you choose? Decide Now



When I came back from Iraq and what my friend calls "The University of Fallujah" I had faced a demon that had haunted me for more than ten years.
That demon being Post-traumatic Stress Disorder..
I'd retired from the Army in 1998 and from 1998 to 2003 I had 27 jobs.
I was a mess and I knew I had to cut the wound open again so it would heal correctly. I was lucky or blessed, when I returned to the beast that fed me in 2003. That beast was war. I went to work for the government and I travelled all over Iraq.
I knew my old friend PTSD would catch up with me and when he did I self destructed.
This will sound funny but it was a relief to go back and know my outcome (a psycological collapse). It was just gonna be a matter of time. I had to heal. there is nothing sane about war. Nobody wins.
There is nothing glamorous about war, except in the movies.
Believe me when shit is blowing up around you and the bad guys are in the perimeter there is nothing sexy about it.
Just a wierd terrifying peace knowing that your time in this dimension of existance is about to change or end.

So I started over from square one. I started asking myself better empowering questions like the previous exercise and the questions that follow.

Do you believe you can do anything with your mind?
Do you create your own reality?
Do you achieve what you want?
Do you visualize success constantly?


Today I can say yes to the last 4 questions.

Those are important questions.

Those questions helped create my future in advance.

It doesn't get any easier later, it just get's later

Peace be with you

Timothy Kendrick

1 comment:

BDK said...

Hi Timothy.

What a fantastic post.

You are an amazing man to have been through what you have and come out the other side whole.

At last I've been able to take control of my thoughts. (Most of the time anyway). I've finally realized that I can't change the past, but I have total control of the future.

My future, at least in my head looks very exciting. It's a long way from my current reality, but I have to do it.

It all started when I got up on stage at an internet conference here in Melbourne Australia to confront my biggest fear. Public speaking. I wasn't great, but I didn't die either. What this has done for my confidence is amazing.

I know that there are many hurdles yet to conquer, but with each success, I'm one step closer to the person I wish to become.

Thanks again for your inspirational posts.

You have certainly been added to my feed reader.

Kind Regards

Brett Kruger
AKA Freddy The Fat Trucker.

Lijit Search